A first-class operation, well planned and executed in all phases – sound, annotations, everything.
These are well-produced, well-performed albums, digitally recorded, properly annotated and in most cases offering the only available version of the music at hand. Let us celebrate the initiative of a label such as Centrediscs.
The sound is superb.
Centrediscs is truly the diamond of Canadian recording labels.
Want your music to be part of Centrediscs? We are always open to receiving new submissions. Before you submit a proposal, please be sure to read through the following criteria:
If you are a performer, please be sure that you have the composer’s approval to record their music.
For both composers and performers, a letter of agreement must be provided to ensure that each party supports the recording. Musicians’ fees are negotiable.
- A demo recording of the work(s), with sound file(s) preferably in WAV format. MP3 files may be accepted if WAV files are not available.
- An application describing the recording project in detail, listing repertoire and the performing artists and duration for each work. Also, please provide an estimated budget for the recording production.
- A curriculum vitae and/or biographical history of each composer and performer who would appear on the recording. (maximum 300 words, and personal website URL, if possible).
- If available in PDF format, scores of the works may also be included.
- A letter of intent regarding the promotion of the recording. See Promotion below.
For any questions regarding grant applications, please contact Nicole Blain.
To help you promote and distribute your finished recording, Centrediscs will:
- Send out review copies of the recording to major music media
- Possible record launch in collaboration with the artist/composer
- Provide physical and digital distribution, in retail stores and online, through Naxos in North, South and Central America, including iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon
- Provide additional digital distribution, through Naxos, to a network of over 300 online distributors and music services worldwide including Spotify, Apple Music, Naxos Music Library, Pandora, ClassicOnline eMusic, etc.
- Promote and sell the recording on the CMC website, CMC Facebook Page, and CMC Twitter
- Promote the recording in CMC offices in British Columbia, Prairie, Ontario, Québec and Atlantic regions