Communications and Development Manager
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The Canadian Music Centre/Centre de musique canadienne (CMC) was established in 1959. CMC is a dynamic and established charitable Not-for-Profit organization. With five regional offices across the country, the CMC provides access for performing organizations, the cultural community and individuals to an extensive collection of music and recordings (both digital and on-site). Its music rental and publishing services include 24,000 works created by just under 1,000 Associate Composers that are also available online at cmccanada.org. By supporting innovative programming, promoting composers and performers and engaging audiences with education programs, the Communications and Development Manager helps to maintain the legacy of Canadian concert music and ensures the voice of Canadian composers is heard for generations to come.
MISSION: The Canadian Music Centre is the catalyst that connects you to the ever-evolving world of Canadian musical creation through performance, education and promotion.
PURPOSE: The CMC provides unique resources for exploring, discovering, and performing Canadian music. We are passionate about nurturing a musical community that honours our legacy and supports the professional development of Canadian musicians and composers.
VISION: The CMC inspires fresh perspectives, celebrates inventive composers, and provides transformative experiences. We champion artistic diversity and embrace Canada’s rich cultural heritage in creative centres across the country and internationally.
This is a full-time, bilingual position based in Toronto. The position will be integral in securing the overall success of the organization by combining design and technical knowledge to create information and communication capacity and capability relevant to the Directors, staff, and stakeholders of the organization. This includes working and liaising with third-party service providers to implement new initiatives as well as directly producing and updating web content and interactive media. The Communications and Development Manager will:
– Manage communication campaigns for CMC events
– Oversee the website and digital presence of the CMC
– Manage social media campaigns
– Be responsible for the Customer Relationship Management software program Patron Manager (Salesforce)
– Assist in the implementation of development campaigns to achieve individual giving goals, foundations, grants and other revenue possibilities
– Support stewardship initiatives
– Write and/or edit copy for various publications both digital and physical
– Produce marketing materials for events and publicity both digital and physical
– Participate as a member of the event management team
The Communications and Development Manager reports to the Director of Development and Communications and works closely with staff in the head office as well as across all regional offices.
Good organizational, attention to detail, analytical and troubleshooting skills will allow you to work independently, prioritize and multi-task in a busy environment. Preferred qualifications include a minimum three years of experience creating and managing web sites, managing databases and interactive content, and participating in communications campaigns; and professional-level skills with HTML, CSS, WordPress, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Windows.
Experience with graphic design, web content writing, SEO, and web analytics are desirable. Strong customer service skills and the ability to listen and communicate effectively with non-technical users are important.
In this position an undergraduate degree or college diploma in marketing and communications, web design, advanced computer skills, development or other related field would represent an asset, which will be rounded out by 1 to 3 years of experience in web design, web development or other related field preferably not-for-profit sector.
The ideal candidate will:
• Possess excellent communications skills in English and French;
• Work in both a team and self-directed capacities;
• Possess creative problem-solving skills;
• Posses excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing projects and prioritize tasks;
• Showcase creativity – graphic design capacities would be an asset
• Possess an excellent understanding of usability principles, web development cycle, database logic and system logic;
• Demonstrate previous experience in data and database management (ticketing and development software), ideally SalesForce / PatronManager;
• Familiarity with classical and more specifically Canadian music an asset;
• Serve internal and external stakeholders in both official languages;
• Experience working with MySQL and writing custom SQL queries is an asset
• Able to translate visual designs mock-ups to HTML / CSS
• Provide technical support to CMC customers and staff
• Occasional evening work required to support ongoing CMC events
Salary commensurate with experience
$45,000 to $55,000 annually
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume with a list of references to:
Canadian Music Centre/Centre de musique canadienne
20 St. Joseph Street
Toronto ON M4Y 1J9
DEADLINE: April 16, 2021
We thank all applicants for the interest in the CMC. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. For more information, visit cmccanada.org