Amid COVID-19, Sobey Art Award to give $25K to each longlisted artist
Reconceived 2020 edition aims ‘to champion and support the practices of 25 artists’
“In response to the global COVID-19 pandemic, organizers of the Sobey Art Award have made the unprecedented decision to award $25,000 to each of the artists on its 2020 long list.
The Sobey Art Foundation and the National Gallery of Canada, which jointly administer the annual contemporary art prize, announced their decision and the 25 longlisted artists on Wednesday…”
“…This year’s Sobey Art Award long list includes:
- Representing the West Coast and Yukon: Michele Di Menna, Tsēmā Igharas, Carmen Papalia, Joseph Tisiga, Zadie Xa.
- Representing the Prairies and North: asinnajaq, Jason de Haan, Luther Konadu, Amy Malbeuf, Freya Björg Olafson.
- Representing Ontario: Bambitchell, Sara Cwynar, Georgia Dickie, Jagdeep Raina, Catherine Telford Keogh.
- Representing Quebec: Adam Basanta, Moridja Kitenge Banza, Manuel Mathieu, Caroline Monnet, Sabrina Ratté.
- Representing the Atlantic region: Jordan Bennett, Melanie Colosimo, Graeme Patterson, Lou Sheppard, D’Arcy Wilson….”
Photo Credit: Emily Gan